Wood burning times!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwatt65

May 8, 2013
West Orange NJ
Hi guy's new wood burner here, I have learned a lot reading here over the last five month's.
I have a Enviro Cabello 1200 fireplace insert. I seem to be having difficulty getting long burn times!
Cannot seem to get the fire to last more than six hours, Still has cinders to lite with and the blower is still on sometimes is this normal? how long should I be getting?

The wood is white oak CSS over two years moisture count is in the high teens, pieces are 16in to 18in long maybe four to five inches thick. With three to four pieces in the fire.

What is the normal time frame to get? load more larger splits?

Thank you.

Last edited:
That's a pretty small firebox, advertised as 1.85 cu ft. Are you getting it full?

What kind of wood are you burning?

I think for longer burn times you will need to get a larger stove. The 1200 has only a 1.8 cu ft firebox when I remember correctly which makes it a smaller insert. 6 hours with coals for an easy reload will probably be as good as it gets. Maybe you can stretch it a bit more with top hardwood like oak and black locust and/or trying to fill it up even more (but leave enough room in the top for the secondary burn). Nevertheless, for 8 hours or more you will need to get a medium-sized insert (>2 cu ft) or larger.

Last edited:
Reactions: USMC80
That's a pretty small firebox, advertised as 1.85 cu ft. Are you getting it full?

What kind of wood are you burning?

White oak is the wood, I will try to completely fill it up see if that makes a difference.

more fuel with equal longer burn times(all else being equal)

Bottom line you are limited by your fire box size and may be SOL on getting 8hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.