Wood Cart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsaicook

Oct 23, 2008
Eastern Seaboard
I used to have one of those pot metal cradles with the leather carriers to hold my splits (next to the woodstove). After three years using that, I decided to make this. I put casters on it so I can roll it to my back door, load up, and then roll it back to the woodstove. It has hooks for my tongs, poker, shovel, and leather carriers to get from woodpile to cart. I also put a shelf on to hold fatwood. See the divider on the bottom of the left hand side? I put that in to hold all-nighters- it is exactly as wide as my side door on my stove. If it doesnt fit in the divided area, it won't go in the stove.

Attachments

• DSC01271.JPG
    DSC01271.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 817
  • DSC01270.JPG
    DSC01270.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 727
Hey, cool idea. You should patent it. A lot of people would find something like that useful. Unfortunately for me, there's a step in my den between the backyard door and the living room so short of making a ramp, that wouldn't work in my case.

I want the deluxe model.

The one that senses it is empty, moves itself outside, fills itself up (inspecting and rejecting splits for bugs , grubs and worms), comes back in, closes the door and parks itself back near the stove.

The bigger brother model that goes out in the woods and harvests trees in the cold and snow or Summer heat might be nice, too.

I like it.
My porch is one step down out the door, so I'd need slightly bigger wheels.

billb3 said:
I want the deluxe model.

The one that senses it is empty, moves itself outside, fills itself up (inspecting and rejecting splits for bugs , grubs and worms), comes back in, closes the door and parks itself back near the stove.

The bigger brother model that goes out in the woods and harvests trees in the cold and snow or Summer heat might be nice, too.

I like it.
Ill take the same as you!

billb3 said:
I want the deluxe model.

I like it.

If he can get this to work, I am gonna put in a request for a "cooler cart" that sits next to my chair.

Thanks for the kind words. A couple of my friends said it wouldn't work or seemed like they thought it was dumb. These people are still paying the oil company! Ha! Peace.

PUSH????? I want one with more power r-r-r-r-r-r how big a motor can we get on that??

NICE!!! How about sharing some pictures of it loaded and in position near the stove!!!!!!!

Well, here it is. I didn't want to fill it up before now, because I was only burning some nights, so I didn't want all that wood chillin in the house for too long.

Attachments

• DSC01272.JPG
    DSC01272.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 360
Status
Not open for further replies.