Wood Fireplace Insert With Biggest Viewing Area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tathspts

Jan 4, 2020
Montreal
Last winter I had a drolet 1800 wood insert installed. Overall pretty happy with the product and was the best bang for the buck.

My only complaint is the viewing area, I wonder if there exist a company thats making wood inserts where viewing areal is bigger.

I checked osburn insert, some of the stoves look really modern and sleek but when I consider the viewing area it does not seem be much bigger than my drolet 1800i.

I have 2 old masonry fireplaces in my house and I am looking for another fireplace with bigger viewing area. Can you please recommend me something?

Thank you.

I didn't take measurements, but when I was shopping around for inserts, the flush-mount models by Lopi and Regency seemed to have the largest viewing areas

Large flush hybrid made by Travis ( lopi, fireplace extraordinary, avalon) . Around 4 k in my area.

I was looking at a blaze king sorocco 25 or ashford 25 today. Huge viewing glass, but catalytic and I can't find any videos of what the fire looks like in this insert. I don't want something that just smolders forever without being able to turn it up and get a good flame going.

Video of a Princess burning posted in the other thread. Same tech in a different firebox.