wood haulin’ mobile: OBW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonces

Nov 7, 2011
Farmington Valley, CT
just curious if anyone hauls wood in their Outback wagon and how much they can fit in there. it's the only mode of transport i have and wonder if i should just fill the wagon part, or fold down the back seats and fill it to the brim. obviously, i'd do less trips with the extra space, but i'm not so sure the car can handle all the weight. any experience?

I used to haul wood in a saturn SL2 sedan. I could fold the back seats down to connect the trunk with the back seats and I could fit 6 ft pieces in there. The space could fit more wood than the suspension could handle, especially heavy wood like oak. I bet your car is similar so don't stuff it full.

I usually use the long jeep and my trailer, but when I have the outback, folding the seats and filing it up no problem. As a car goes, outbacks are no joke. We love it. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.