Wood I have left to this date!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zapny said:
rayza said:
Are we all talking "real cords" or "face cords" ?

Ray

I had face cord but I think most people use cord.

zap

So 9 face / 3 is approx 3 "real cords". Ok, thats what I have about burnt as well. And we thought that wood stoves and the like were more efficent than fireplaces. At least my stove gives off more heat.

Like someone wrote in a different thread "I hope they shot that groundhog"

Ray

Been burning 24/7........This week is the first week I've actually let the Oslo get cold since early November.
I've burned about 2.5 cords and have 2 cords left.
Since it was a mild winter I'll have over stock for next year (mostly 2+ year old shagbark/white oak)
I have a good stock pile all ready for 2010/2011.
Anything I collect now is for 2011/2012.

WoodButcher

I've got a little bit left...

Backwoods Savage said:
I've got a little bit left...

Yeah, but is it ready to burn yet? :p

With all the snow that was coming, I brought in the rest of what I plan to burn this season. Left about 3/4 cord of huge hickory splits and a face of box elder. There is a little over a cord of cherry and hickory inside. We'll burn until that's gone, then move on to passive solar. In the evening, we will warm ourselves with brandy, blankets and love.

Gosh I hope so. We'll be starting next fall with 6 year old wood, unless I sell a bunch yet this spring or next fall.

I never finish the current years wood this early.

I try to hold back at least 2-3 days supply in case of a late season storm/power outage.

The stove has been cold for the last few days in anticipation of the current storm.

burning 24/7 since oct I have used about 6 cords so far and probably have enough logs on hand for next year but it needs to be cut and split. Going out to do some of that in a little while .

burning 24/7 since oct I have used about 6 cords so far and probably have enough logs on hand for next year but it needs to be cut and split. Going out to do some of that in a little while .

I dont know probably have burned since fall 6 cord or so , I probaly have about 20 or so in the back yard on a pile i know i have another 6 undercover yet , I really dont keep track much I just cut and split when I can and I burn year around so my season just slows down never really ends . These are full cords I am taliking about .

rayza said:
zapny said:
rayza said:
Are we all talking "real cords" or "face cords" ?

Ray

I had face cord but I think most people use cord.

zap

So 9 face / 3 is approx 3 "real cords". Ok, thats what I have about burnt as well. And we thought that wood stoves and the like were more efficent than fireplaces. At least my stove gives off more heat.

Like someone wrote in a different thread "I hope they shot that groundhog"

Ray

Last time I seen him was thru my scope

to date i have burned 1800 pieces

burning since Sept = 6 months * 30 days * 10 splits a day give or take

figure i have another 4000 pieces left :p

I have about 1 of the 4.5 that I started with in October as of Feb 25. I gave some to my brother in law back in December, so my numbers might be off. We have been burning 24/7 since November except for last weekend because we were away. Consumption has dropped off considerably in last couple weeks with the warmer weather and longer days. I think I will have exactly enough to get me through the spring shoulder season. I have some Cherry that I split in August that I suppose I could burn if I really had to. I have about the same amount c/s/s for next year, so I should be OK.

I've cooked off about 3 1/2 cord, with about a cord of seasoned left, along with four more I have in the breech for next year. Last year I'd burned through an extra cord by now, between the colder winter, and my figuring out a new stove.

We have a Regency I1200 insert, which has a small burn box. We've been keeping it going as much as possible since October and have gone through between 6 and 7 full cords. We have mostly maple (hard and soft) and beech. I put up around 13 cords since this is our first winter with it. Looks like we're going to make it through with some left over.

Attachments

• 2-25 wood 1.jpg
    2-25 wood 1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.