Wood ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hksvr4

Dec 3, 2019
NY
New York State.
DA90EA61-D8F3-4F50-AB79-6B05777FF1EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I was going guess maple as well.

Thanks, Father in law ordered these for me. The Oak I have will be good in at least a year. We just cut them down last month.

Well...Black Cherry, and maybe White Ash bark on one split. Maybe a couple Maple, not sure if Hard (Sugar) or soft?

Red maple or some kind of soft maple.
Good stuff to get if you aren't ahead on dry wood; It will dry over the summer. Yeah, it doesn't burn as long, but dry wood is the prime objective.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Good stuff to get if you aren't ahead on dry wood; It will dry over the summer. Yeah, it doesn't burn as long, but dry wood is the prime objective.
The supplier he got them from said it was seasoned. I haven't used it yet. He bringing it down this Sunday.

The supplier he got them from said it was seasoned.
Hmmm, that looks pretty fresh to me. It shouldn't matter if you split and stack it right away..looks like quick-drying stuff.

20”-22” long
Hmmm, doesn't look like Maple end grain..more like Ash. I've only seen White, but that could be Black or Green Ash I imagine.

Reactions: tadmaz