Wood Id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye 2012

Sep 7, 2012
Central Ohio
Does anyone know what kind this is. Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Those splits look like oak but that funky bark looks almost dogwood or persimmon like.
I don't know...im gonna guess bamboo.

My guess is Oak, white.
I think.

White Oak

Looks kind of dark in the middle. I don't know what it is for sure. Some good BTUs there either way.

It was in the wood that I picked up at the local sawmill in central Ohio, got three cord there and about 25% was this kind of wood. I was thinking wild dog wood. It is really light weight in comparison to oak. Thanks for the feedback. Either way looks like good btu's.

The stuff in the background looks decidedly oaky. Are the splits in the foreground the same or different?

The bark pic does look like dogwood or persimmon, but those are dense woods. You wouldn't find them to be much lighter than oak.

I'm thinking persimmon also.....of that's a dogwood, I've never seen one that big before!! Either way, that's some good stuff there!

Status
Not open for further replies.