wood id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwright032

Feb 22, 2015
Pottstown, Pa
can you guys help me out with this I'm thinking ash but when split its a little stringy but not bad

All I know is it looks like that special kind that when split and dry it will help heat your home kind of wood.

Looks like Ash. It generally splits easy but can be a little stringy sometimes.

Big piece of ash.

I cut one like that this weekend that was big 36" diameter that was in a yard(full of branches and knots). I don't have a splitter just the fiskars so needless to say I did quite a bit of noodling

That's that stringy ash species. I'll take it. It is a pain to split.:) I'm close to you.

Reactions: Woody Stover
I think it is Norway Maple or Ash. I can't always tell them apart in pictures, and they are pretty similar in the stove too. If this was a tree planted in town, Norway Maple is likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.