Wood id?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
Going to pick this up tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas? I really don't care, as long as it's not elm or gum. I'm dying to split something now that the weather's starting to turn

Screenshot_20201203-131355942.jpg

Looks like white oak with the scaly white bark. Pretty distant in the pic so it's hard to be positive but if so get all of it.

Reactions: mrd1995
That was my thought. Looks perfect whatever it is. Nice 'n straight without knots.
Yea I thought the same thing on the straightness. I'm not a logging man and have no idea on prices but that might be more valuable as selling the logs or milled.

Need a couple of close up pictures.

Tough to tell, but my long distance guess is white oak.

Reactions: mrd1995
White oak it is. Had a b**ch of a time with dull chains, so couldn't get as much as I wanted. Nice stuff though. Had some extra room so threw on a couple of pieces of nice straight pine. Overall 1/3-1/2 cord I'm guessing.

Attachments

• IMG_20201204_140820.jpg
    IMG_20201204_140820.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Grizzerbear