Wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That last post of yours is definately ash. Many say ash is worth its weight in gold. The first set of pics sure like like it could be Norway Maple. They have almost identical bark except when the ridges of the bark are 'rubbed' somewhat, ash will appear white and norway maple will appear more of a reddish. When I zoom in on the first set of pics they sure look redder than the ash does.

Some does look red or brown in real life. It was a pile of mixed wood, little over a cord's worth, I'm just happy to get it.
People say it's easy to split I must be doing something wrong.
I This morning I buried a wedge in a 10" round. (it's still there)

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 285
I'm on board with the second pic. Definately ash. The first one threw me because the lack of any darker heartwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.