Wood Pellets - Ambiance vs logik-e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RegencyBurn

Feb 20, 2023
Ontario
We are on our second season using the Regency Greenfire GF55 pellet stove (2022).

Last heating season we burned Ambiance - premium wood pellets with no real issues I would say. Bag indicates Ash<1%, Moisture<8%.

This season we have been burning Logik-e - super premium hard wood pellets with a few issues. The main issue is that the burn pot overfills as if the feed rate/air trim/damper are not adjusted correctly. Despite trying to make the appropriate adjustments, there doesn’t seem to be a setting that consistently works with all the various heat levels. Bag indicates Ash<0.5% and doesn’t appear to show moisture content. Visually I can’t see any discernible issues with the quality of the pellets.

I recently bought 10-bags of Ambiance pellets to try again and now have had no issues after the 3rd bag. It’s a little early to say for sure but it seems like the pellets are the variable making the difference.

Should note that the only reason we switched brands was due to a significant employee discount.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated!

wood pellets stove also popular in China ,we sell a lot in China, but compared with European countries, wood pellets is not widely used . we offer pellet stove and pellet machines, but our market is in Europe

TCPEL-PELLET-MACHINE.jpg