Wood Pile Covers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I have been busy of late processing firewood I cut last winter. I am fortunate to have lots of wood stacked but completely out of cover material. I stopped by the local building supply place and told them I wanted metal roofing preferably left over or damaged. They offered me "shorts"about 4' long that are uniform scraps that are used by the roofing factory to protect the roofing when its shipped. The building supply place sets them aside for use when they deliver roofing but they end up with extras. I was ready to buy 12' by 3' wide sheets for around $30 a sheet but got 6 shorts for $9. This is not the first time I have run into this. Might be worth asking when you go to regular building supply place. I doubt Lowes or HD would keep scraps around like this.