Wood prices rise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris S

Hearth Supporter
Jan 22, 2008
Orange County NY
I'm looking on line- Up until this week most suppliers in my area were advertising $ 180 per cord, I now am seeing $ 200. I have some left to sell, perhaps I should wait until October and hope for 220, or more. Perhaps if I hold out till March, I can either get 250, or look at until next fall. :)

Hi chris , Ive sold 30+ cord this year . Ive been selling at 200 per cord . I have 20 cord left Ive been selling 3 or 4 cord at a time . I guess if i had to deliver just one cord i would charge a extra 25 bucks per . Most of my wood is sold in the spring April /may . I deliver to the same people every year . Ive been install wood stoves and i get obligated to supply fuel for the season . It been hard to find wood this year. I would get my wood from builder in the area. Where are you located ? John

Just over the mtn from you John.
I don't normally sell wood, but have too much for my own use because we cleared for a new home last year.
I was just noticing CL ads- hence my post.
Repeat customers are nice, but i hope not to have so much wood next year. 4-5 cords for me is enough workout

Status
Not open for further replies.