wood shed all loaded

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
got the shed mostly all loaded. this years wood is cord of 2 year old oak. cord of 1 year old maple and another cord of the evil cotton wood. im using the 1 year old maple so i can let the oak i have go a third year of seasoning. and the cotton wood feels paper light and i want to get rid of it. feels good to have it in the shed now. want it nice and dry come fall. the goal was to get it in before irene hit but that just didnt happen. As you can see i didnt build my sides yet. summer has been crazy specially with the baby and all. sides will have to wait till next year.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 707
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 709
Congrats! Looks reals good - does 3 cord get you through the winter? Cheers!

ecocavalier02 said:
got the shed mostly all loaded. this years wood is cord of 2 year old oak. cord of 1 year old maple and another cord of the evil cotton wood. im using the 1 year old maple so i can let the oak i have go a third year of seasoning. and the cotton wood feels paper light and i want to get rid of it. feels good to have it in the shed now. want it nice and dry come fall. the goal was to get it in before irene hit but that just didnt happen. As you can see i didnt build my sides yet. summer has been crazy specially with the baby and all. sides will have to wait till next year.

Eco; looks good, only so much one man can do.

zap

looks great eco, nice to have that much right outside the door.

eco, I'd be tempted to leave those sides just as they are. Much better for the wood.

Backwoods Savage said:
eco, I'd be tempted to leave those sides just as they are. Much better for the wood.
me to just the looks. I guess t don't look ti bad m

You are right. It does not look bad and with the sides open it will be better for the wood and maybe even for you for stacking or getting the wood. Look at the fellows who buy the open carports to stack wood and they work great.

I like the looks of an open wood shed. Shows how much is there & helps the wood dry even more.
Looks great.
Very nice.

ecocavalier02 said:
me to just the looks

lol dress it up with some holiday lights...helps with finding the right armload in the dark part of the year too.

SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:
me to just the looks

lol dress it up with some holiday lights...helps with finding the right armload in the dark part of the year too.
haha. im a finanatic with christmas. so i just may. lol.

well i pushed hard all summer scrounging and splittling like crazy. ive now come to the point where i realize the amount of work i put into it for selling the firewood is just not evening out. if i had more land and the access to easy wood it'd be different so i wont be selling it anymore. so now here is the mess im working on cleaning up now. got lots of wood for myself now. and lots of work to do this fall cleaning it up and getting all of the chunks split. and hey solar notice how stacked the uglies in the front row of the shed. lol i give love to my uglies. i want them dry before they go in the stove to. lol.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 386
Bobby, sorry to hear that did not work out for you. Sadly, many have found the same thing. Let's face it, this is hard work when you start doing it in large quantities. So maybe you'll do like some of us and just sell a little bit every year.

Backwoods Savage said:
Bobby, sorry to hear that did not work out for you. Sadly, many have found the same thing. Let's face it, this is hard work when you start doing it in large quantities. So maybe you'll do like some of us and just sell a little bit every year.
it is. but i still love doing it. one of the main problems is not having unlimited access to wood. so i have to scrounge like a mad man to get it. second is my property is not nearly large enough, and its creating a mess. So maybe someday when if i have more land someday ill give it a go again. its all good nothing lost. i was going to buy a new truck anyway. my old 2 wheel drive truck sucked. and i was definatly going to buy a trailer. which has its uses for far more than just firewood. i use it for scrap metal and tons of other stuff. So no big deal. now i can make it all look neat and keep a good amount of wood on hand for me and help some people out that need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.