Wood Shed Reclaimed and First Fire of the Season!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhildreth

When we moved into our current house, there was a fantastic wood shed ready to go. However, my wife informed me that it need to be a temporary goat house. I finally put a new goat barn this weekend and reclaimed my wood shed. Moved in a little more than a cord today and have about 4 more to go. I am so looking forward to having dry wood and not fighting the tarps and snow. Also, kids talked me into a small fire this evening. Mid 40's and rainy all day. I did not need much convincing :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 464
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 468
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 500
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 465
Wow. Your a heck of a guy to have left that to the goats at all. Concrete floor! Super nice. The goats would have gotten pallet palace. Very sharp and practical stove set up too.

Reactions: bad news
Thanks! I am excited for the fire season this year. Having a remodeled hearth and place to store some dry wood is going to be like a new experience.
I bet. We have an indoor furnace in the basement. We cleaned and sealed it a couple years ago and I added some better indoor storage. Made a huge difference. I only have a 2 cord shed outside the door, but have plans for a large shed in the future. Rubber roofing for most of it. Here's to the wood burner's season.

Nice shed and hearth! It has a modern touch to it.

Nice. Is that an Explorer II?

Status
Not open for further replies.