Wood stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lopiliberty

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2011
WV
picture039.jpgpicture038.jpg
picture040.jpg

Pictures of my wood stacks. First one that's covered is what's left of this years wood. 3 rows deep. Hope its enough to get me through. Second is next years wood which is a mix of oak ash and locust. 3 rows deep. If I run out of this year wood, the third row in next years stack has been there three years and it bone dry but hopefully I wouldn't have to get into that. Third picture is the start of 2014-2015 wood. Its a mix of red and chestnut oak and locust 3 rows deep.

Nice work Lopi! I'm sure it feels good to be ahead.

picture035.jpg

Ya is feel good but all these little snow storms messes up wood cutting. I would like to be further ahead but don't want wood stacked clear along the fence out to the road. If I had a way to get wood up on the hill in my back yard I would stock pile enough to last me for 10 years. Another reason I like winter because that hill has to be mowed every two weeks and its a SOB. Its a lot steeper than it looks.

Sure hope the county doesn't have a ordinance for having to much wood. They would have a fight on there hands if they told me to get rid of it

I just love lookin' at some one's hard work! It's a beautiful thing! I was born and raised in the Mountain State. Still have some distant and not so distant famley in Wetzel and Barbour counties. I love that country and miss it.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.