Wood storage- big lessons learned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have so much variety here it's crazy. Everything from pine to osage. We have burned willow, basswood, cottonwood, poplar, elm, hickory, cherry, ash, oak, osage, hackberry, birch, locust, the list goes on. I'm not real picky, but I like high btu wood if possible. I do like birch and poplar. I save the cherry, hickory, apple, and golden oak for smoking. I just got some golden oak this year and it smells so buttery it drives me batty. I might roast some venison with it. Mmmmmm. nice, now I'm drooling......

Don't forget that the Summer of 2019 was one of the wettest on record here on the the east coast, and that may be some of the problem you've seen. Of course, these record years are quickly becoming the new normal, so best to improve your systems anyway.

TE

lumber and almost every item in construction through the roof price wise. Son was going to build a new place- 2 years ago it was still reasonable . Sent plans for quotes- cost tripled. Even land prices have doubled in the last year. This pay 2-3 times more for 50% less is not good in my book ( can't print what I really want to say). Unfortunately income seems to be in reverse- work more, take home less.

Reactions: Isaac Carlson