Wood Stove Fan on eBay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MishMouse

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2008
Verndale, MN
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-Stove-Fan-No-Electric-Needed-Self-Propelled_W0QQitemZ290267214796QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290267214796&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:570|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Has anyone used one of these before?
Instead of blowing the air out, it pulls the air down and scross the stove..

The video is pretty cool on it.

I wonder how well it would with the restriction of being on the top of a stove compared to sitting on a pedestal.

MishMouse said:
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-Stove-Fan-No-Electric-Needed-Self-Propelled_W0QQitemZ290267214796QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290267214796&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:570|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Has anyone used one of these before?
Instead of blowing the air out, it pulls the air down and scross the stove..

Oh, geez, look at the price!

What do you wanna bet the military price had an extra zero on it?

At the beginning of the video the hot plate is 600 deg. Watch closely at the 2:30 point in the video. Did you see him quickly crank up the knob on the hot plate? Fan really sped up after that. Sneaky.

BeGreen said:

No bet, BeGreen. No bet.

BeGreen said:

Yeah. My outside cat now has a heavily foam insulated house made from a new military electronic equipment case with a door cut in the side of it. I figure that the taxpayer probably paid five grand for my cat's shelter.

I paid $10 for it. With the equipment still unused inside of it.

trapshooter9 said:
At the beginning of the video the hot plate is 600 deg. Watch closely at the 2:30 point in the video. Did you see him quickly crank up the knob on the hot plate? Fan really sped up after that. Sneaky.

Great catch on that. I never noticed it until I you said that. He does it in such a way that most would never notice it. I wonder how he is at cards :smirk:

Thanks for the replies.
I didn't notice the extra crank either.
This guy would make a good magician.

But, one thing this does tell me, this fan would not work on my stove since its normal operating temp is between 400-550. It would probably work best for one of those pre-epa stoves, or even a barrel stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.