Wood Stove Recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jono6716

Jan 6, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I am looking for a decent wood burning stove to heat my 2000 sq/ft home. I like the pedestal design with an ash bin for easy cleanup. A general steel non catalytic stove would be just fine. Looking in the $900 - $1500 dollar range. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks..

If I were to give some advice I would say stick to the EPA/CAT stoves. They are more efficient than the smoke dragons. More efficient = more heat = less wood. Just my .02.

hi jono,
5700 quad was my choice. Last stove had legs and always had dust/ash undernth. Love the pedistal. Added the gold trim on the door and the blower and it should fall in to your price range. Have a look........... rn

In that price range, Englander 30-nc. Good stove for a good price. I happen to be trying to sell one. I pm'd you.

In your price range, Drolet offers a variety of stoves that would suit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.