Wood stove "summerizing"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its warm out and the stove is not in use. How do I or how do you guys keep the flying insects(bees etc) from nesting in the pipe? I saw a huge bee flying through the clear front door of the stove.

suggestions?

thanks

Smoke 'em out??? :coolsmirk:

You could make a trip up to the cap and simply wrap it with a piece of screen for the summer.

You could also stuff it with insulation, but make DANG sure it is out of there before the burning season returns.

If a bee flew clear through the front window of your wood stove, then that is one huge bee indeed! I've seen a Rottweiler go through a storm door, but never a bee through stove glass....

Don't worry about it. Your outside air connection should handily route the insects to the outdoors, or they will just die in the stove eventually. Not many places to build a nest in the pipe, but right at the cap might be attractive. Easily removable from outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.