Wood stoves from Northern Hydraulics(Vogelzang)....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhouse

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2006
Norfolk Ma
I am looking into putting a new woodstove in the basement of my house. Since it will be in the basement I am not looking for anything particularly pretty just a basic stove. I was looking at the Northern Hydraulics catalog and was wondering if anyone out there has purchased a stove from them more specifically the Vogelzang models. If so, what are your experiences and have you found them to be a good stove. I didn't see them in the ratings section of this site so I wasn't sure if anyone has had any experience with them. I am looking at the Heartwood Wood Burning Heater and The Mountaineer Wood Burning Stove. If anyone knows anything about either of them I would love to hear what you have to say. I am also not ruling out purchasing a used wood stove that puts out alot of heat. Does anyone have any recommendations on that as well?

ohh....Vogelzang?.....*shiver*....I'll pray for you tonight....sleep well, my friend....dont forget to CO detector and smoke detector....also, maybe a good diea to have the phone near your bed, with 911 preprogrammed in it.....make sure your homeowners insurance is paid up, make sure the install has been inspected, make sure your life insurance is paid up, warn the neighbors to keep an eye out for any untoward smoke and/or flames.....

Thanks for the info!!!!! This is why I appreciate this forum. You guys made up my mind. I'll be gearing towards a better named wood stove (ie, Quadrafire, VC, Hearthstone, etc). Just thought I'd check all of my options. Thanks again for the help! I'll be in touch.

I believe you live near me so, If I knew your heating requirements and price range, I would keep a look out for a used wood stove,
or possibly being a doner recipitant for a new vc wood stove. Right now is a new VC centry on Ebay $400 medium sized heater in Albany NY area

earthharvester said:
Thanks for the info!!!!! This is why I appreciate this forum. You guys made up my mind. I'll be gearing towards a better named wood stove (ie, Quadrafire, VC, Hearthstone, etc). Just thought I'd check all of my options. Thanks again for the help! I'll be in touch.

That's a wise decision, one you'll never regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.