Wood Travels...............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
Kinda been bouncing this idea around. Gonna make the trek to see other Family up in Chicago area, they live in the 'burbs. As I am relegated to pretty much pinon wood which goes pretty quick, with the occasional Cedar- I was thinking of maybe grabbing some wood along my travels. What good hard wood is where............................

where abouts in NM are you from?

Be careful about transporting wood. Many counties in Il, and Wi. prohibit transferring wood from one county to another, and I believe that includes out of state transport. It has to do with the ash borer and a couple of other little bugs. Just a heads up. I'm not real sure about the specifics.

Yeah what jags said...besides over all bad idea, where you are a pellet stove might serve you well. If it gets freezing cold then you could fire up with the pinon to take the chill off.

Also in the last couple of years I see DOT stopping and weighing pick ups hauling wood. Politicians have corrupted our law enforcement people into revenue generators ...tax collectors with guns.

Hey AWB, I'm in Santa Fe- Eldorado actually, kinda like a suburb of Santa Fe. Yeah guys, I've kinda written off the idea with carting wood across the country. Pretty much wrote off a pellet stove, too. There was a house that had one when I was in the market and I did get to liken' the idea. But what I ultimately got, house with wood stove and free wood, well- I'm kinda set . But I do have a question, do pellet stoves heat as well as wood units? Pellets can add up but the idea is good...........

Status
Not open for further replies.