Woodshed design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlow

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
Sterling Heights, Michigan
First yearr of burning and I need to store my fuel for the next couple of years. I am wondering what you all do for design and storage.

if you run a search on here, you'll get a ton of threads on wood storage, sheds, wood sheds

the simpler the better, a flat roof tilted away from where you will be getting the wood and wide enough to keep rain and snow from falling on the pile, open sides to allow good drying, a floor or pallets to keep the wood of the ground.
my dad's was an old chicken coop it would hold 16 cords.

I Use the Stars
I try my best with a tarp also

It's wood it can handle being outside that's where it grew up LOL

sorry to bust your chops on this.

5347330296_large.jpg

there's plenty of threads on wood shed desgin's

Is this already seasoned wood? enclosed is best then. keep the snow and rain out of it

Green wood will need open side's to let an air flow through for drying.

sublime out

My plan is to build a roof from the back of my garage to the retaining wall behind it. Shouldn't be too expensive.
Later on, I hope to build a lean to out of locust posts so I can store any surplus wood I might get.
There are a lot of different ways to build a wood shelter and lots of different costs. From the looks of your avatar pic, you might need a pretty one to keep the wife happy.
One things for sure, a shelter will keep your wood good and dry and that works for me.
Here's a pic of where I'm putting mine. Old pic, but all I've got.
nxjcxe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.