Woodshed Lumber List and a thank you to stejus!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmsem

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2014
New haven, Connecticut
I'd like to thank stejus for posting the building of his woodshed:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/finally-i-have-a-wood-shed.100633/

I used his pictures to build my own woodshed. This find got me into the forum and I'm on my way to converting my 20 year old fireplace to a heat source for my home (I got more than I bargained for by finding this forum). Fireplace insert should be in soon.

I thought I'd add lumber list if anybody is interested....give a little back to all I've gotten from this site!!!!

Key Dimensions: 14' x 6' (outside posts). Overhang 12/12 pitch and sticks forward 2'. Rear wall 1.5' lower than from wall. 1' overhang on sidewalls and about a 1' on rear.

Woodshed Lumber List and a thank you to stejus!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakeside
That is a Nice shed. Puts mine to shame, I ripped the walls off of my old utility shed and reinforced it. Of course to the untrained eye it look like it is held together with duck tape and roofing tar

That is a Nice shed. Puts mine to shame, I ripped the walls off of my old utility shed and reinforced it. Of course to the untrained eye it look like it is held together with duck tape and roofing tar

Thanks JTRock. I'm meeting much resistance to the idea of burning wood for heat from the bride. So I had to make it "nice" and fit the barn and yard. That was easy compared to purchase of the Regency I3100....if that install and actual use go poorly I'm going to be sleeping in that shed!

Status
Not open for further replies.