woodstock fireview is goin'!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. at 6:22 the stovetop was 150 and I had coals but not enough to get going. I put a lot of kindling in got that going, put 3 splits in and got that going, then stuffed it full to about 2-3" from the top front to back (then let it go at draft settin 2 Thanks Todd). I was able to engage at about 7 :00 then choked it back to .75 and by 8:00 I hit 550 with the secondary going. Then the temp starts to fall and already by 8:20 it goes down to 500-515 deg. So then I increase to 1 and get flames and secondary going. I just want to hit that 6-700 deg mark so I can hang with the big boys :lol: But what Todd and Slow 1 said is true, I do not get much heat at all until the temp drops to 450 or so cause there aren't many coals in ther until then. Oh, and the cat glowed faster and brighter than it ever has :coolsmile: Thanks for all the help.

Next time do the same thing but after you engage leave it at #1 and I bet you will become a member of the 600 club. If your wood was dryer I think your temps would be higher so you need to compensate with more air.

Mine hits the high 600s set at just over 1 in 30-40 minutes after reload on a good bed of coals burning a mix of Locust and Cherry that was cut August '08 and split and stacked Spring '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.