Woodstock Party

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Woodstock is having a big celebration on September 10-11. They also will be having a mortgage burning party as they have paid off their mortgage.

Who is planning to go?

Count me as one! We are finally going to make it to Woodstock if all goes well. We’ve wanted to visit their place for a long time now and even after our big travels early this summer we’ve decided this is the year to also head to New Hampshire. It will be a long drive (looks like over 900 miles for us) but should be a nice trip and will be great to meet some of the folks there.

We are thinking about it. Not a great day for me to be away from work.

Wish I could go but I have zero funds left after all the projects I've done this summer. Be sure to snap some pics of that new stove for us.

Everybody enjoy that barbecue. Todd paid for it. ;-P

Webmaster said:
I intend to be there one day! In fact, I'm trying to buy the liquid refreshment!
I'll also have some caps - and some SuperCedars, etc.

I ain't eatin no pig, though!

I will send you a Postal Service Flat Rate Box and prepaid label. Please enclose hat, liquid refreshment and portions of pig. Got plenty of SuperCedars. :cheese: Will use one to warm the portions of pig.

I'd love to be there, but a trip to New Hampshire is a bit over what my wife allows me for spending money. I'll start saving up for 5 years from now. %-P Rick

I have never been to the Woodstock factory. Perhaps I'll see if I can't tempt my brother or the husband to ride shotgun and mosey on up for a looky-see. I will sow down on pig. And I need a replacement tee-shirt desperately.

I'm gonna see if we can find some dog friendly lodging nearby. A little too far for a day trip.

The Baymont Inn (603-298-8888) is one half mile down the road and they are canine friendly, as are we! I've never stayed there but their lot is always full on the weekends.

Thanks for posting that Ron. It seems to me I've seen pictures of dogs in the Woodstock offices but I could not recall for sure so was going to email to ask today. Your post cleared it up.

We'll also be staying at the Baymont Inn. I'm looking forward to meeting both folks from Woodstock and also folks from here on hearth.com. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the new stove is coming along.

I think Mrs Flatbedford Jese James, and I will be there on Saturday. I found a few canine friendly places and will check out Baymont too.

We'll be looking for you Steve. Look for a fat and ugly old man with an ornery wife; that will be us.

We will be the couple with the super friendly Black Lab.

My wife made reservations at Fireside Inn. http://www.afiresideinn.com/ Looks like it might be a bit nicer than Baymont. At least on the internet it does.

Although Baymont looks nicer on Google Earth. Any suggestions from the locals?

I had a chance to stop by on my way to Maine about 10 days ago.

I got a tour of the factory. Very exciting! Great operation. Gives me a whole new appreciation for the stove.

Got a chance to see the "Frankenstove". It is the R&D counterpart for the new larger stove. It looks almost nothing like a real stove on the outside just a bunch of sensors. I understand it is being used to determine the interior geometry and layout for the larger stove.

Change of plans for us. I just found out that I will have only 4 days off this month and spending 2 of them out of town just won't work for me. Maybe next time. Those that do go, have fun, post picks, and I hope to see you some other time.

Sorry to hear you won't make it. We will be there though... likely easy to spot - bearded guy with wife and 4 kids in tow (kids excited and wife trying to not look too bored I'll bet). Oh well. We are driving up and back on Saturday hope to spend a bit of time there - lunch, music, and meet some of you folks. Also hoping friends of ours will be joining for the trip (they need a stove - they just don't realize how bad yet). Likely the last trip the wife will allow up there unless we win the new stove, ha! Something about 8 hrs in the car that isn't a thrill for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.