Woodstocks New Blog And New Stove Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wendell said:
It will be interesting to see what happens. After I win the Fireview, I think I will trade it in on one of the new stoves. Hopefully, they will be able to cut down their rear clearance requirement.

Who said it would be a Fireview they're giving away? Could be the new stove. Oh, and they probably already ripped up and threw your app away since you sent your stove back. Better chance for me to win! :lol:

Yeah, you're probably right. ;-P

Amen on Woodstock hopefully cutting down on the rear clearance issue. Woodstock was on my short list, but having to put it so far out into my living room was a deal breaker.

It is my impression that Woodstock believes in building stoves for hearth mounting. I think that's why all of their stoves are able to vent to the rear, and none have a front door. Makes it easy to plop one down in front of many a fireplace without extending the hearth. Rear clearance is not an issue in this type of install, so I would be surprised if the new stove had a lower rear clearance.

Webmaster said:
...just that it will go with a lot more home styles than their classic design.

I think this is a good move. The Fireview is a great burner, but the castings look so darn gothic or victorian. A more contemporary look with some New England style would be just fine.

cycloxer said:
Anyone have any pictures?

No pictures because the final design is not yet complete but they are working hard on it.

Den said:
It is my impression that Woodstock believes in building stoves for hearth mounting. I think that's why all of their stoves are able to vent to the rear, and none have a front door. Makes it easy to plop one down in front of many a fireplace without extending the hearth. Rear clearance is not an issue in this type of install, so I would be surprised if the new stove had a lower rear clearance.

I'm not certain on this but I think the new stove might be exit through rear or top. Your choice.

Todd said:
Wonder what she'll weigh? Sounds like it will be somewhere between the Mansfield and Equinox, probably much more efficient. It will be too big for my house, guess I need to sell this one and build a new house around the new Woodstock. %-P

The new stove or my wife that Dennis and I were discussing in the previous thread? ;) :)

You mean the one I will be winning?

Backwoods Savage said:
You mean the one I will be winning?

The stove or my wife? ;)

Well, I have both a stove and wife but I figure on trading the wife for a couple of 20 year olds. The stove will probably stay though.

More info. New stove will vent 6" top or rear, clearances will be determined by an independent lab later on but they don't think they will be any closer than other stoves. Also doesn't look like the new stove will be ready for this burning season.

Status
Not open for further replies.