Woohoo! Just loaded her up with the good stuff!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya telling me the bad boy is cruising at 800? Down at the ESW plant Mike assured me that "It won't split down the middle."

He never mentioned the sides.

Nice to have a good stash when it gets cold. Here the temp has not budged from 52F for the last 12 hrs.

Solid 2 year old oak in my stove, its hovering at 650 and rising. Kids are in bed and it won't be long and the ole lady will be pealing of layers! Seasoned oak is wonderful for pumping out heat and lasting!

burntime said:
...it won't be long and the ole lady will be pealing of layers!!

We are in our sixties. We don't do that any more. It ain't a pretty sight. :mad:

BrotherBart said:
Ya telling me the bad boy is cruising at 800? Down at the ESW plant Mike assured me that "It won't split down the middle."

If I turned the fan off it may be up there. And I can verify that his words are true. I've been there when the smoke detector reminded me that I hadn't started closing off the damper.

I have giggling secondaries at the moment and 650 on the step in front of the collar. I'm hoping to get a nice heat for hours so I started choking it down early. I'm almost done with my first row. The 3 rows remaining have the good wood for the cold weather.

Matt

BrotherBart said:

I was checking out a 30 the other day at Lowes. That is a big sucker. I also like that you can burn NS or EW. I can also see how the "dog house" in front becomes a blow torch. Cool stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.