Wool socks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
My wool socks
They keep my toes warm
When the stove gets low
After I get too tired to stoke

Good to know

I think what he's trying to say is...

Cat stoves are better than Non-Cat stoves ;lol

OP is drunk??

I thought it was time to add some more cerebral artistry to all of the awesome physical artistry shown in the pictures of the stacks, sheds, hearths, chimneys. Delighted you recognized it, Edyit!

I don't own wool socks. They're too hot for me and some are itchy.

OP is drunk??
I should be offended. It was really more of a light beer buzz coupled with exhaustion from a good days work. Once I get that block off plate done and tighten up the insulation around the place, the wool socks won't be as essential. Until then, wool socks.

Reactions: James02
I don't own wool socks. They are too hot for me and some are itchy.
True enough. Most of mine are some sort blend with modern textile materials. Dad really likes the polyethylene ones we got him for Xmas. Great use of old soda bottles!

Speaking of soda bottles, show this trick to dad. Fill the bottle with warm water and enjoy. Wool socks optional.
hot-water-soda-bottle-600x398.png

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000