Wooly Bear Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggerJim

Feeling the Heat
Jul 29, 2008
Northcentral Connecticut
Saw my first Wooly Bear caterpillar today. Showed it to my wife. "Buy more pellets" she said - she believes the large brown band in the middle signifies a colder than normal winter here in CT.

Can't get more scientific than Wooly Bear caterpillars I alway say :)

I hope wooly is right!I love snow.Waiting for my first season of wood heat,but not pushing the time!Enjoying each day as it comes.

We've had mild winters for the past 4 years around here. I'm ready for some of the white stuff when the weather turns colder. However, there's not need to rush the apple cider and pumpkin pie times of the upcoming fall either.

I was always told since I was a kid, that the larger the brown band, the milder the winter, and the larger the black bands, the worse it would be............ I hope I'm right on this one.

I just bought a new John Deere 2520 tractor with a front end loader and back-hoe.
Can plow my way out of anything.
It might be cold, but it won't snow here now for at least two years.

I am not selling air conditioners. Bring on the snow.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.