Wooly Worm forecast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never really believed in that type of forcast so I was surprised to hear that they have a 80% acuracy rating.

The ines that I have seen this year were thick coated and almost all pure black. Sounds like a cold winter, Bummer...but I have my supply of pellets so bring it on. :lol:

A cold early fall, followed by a brief warming trend. November and December is much colder.
Then a mid winter thaw at the end of February, but colder again for a while with spring in the
air during the longer days. April finally brings some warmth.

Don't rush it, enjoy it!

I like squirrel's tails for forecasting.

macman said:
Valhalla said:
.....I like squirrel's tails for forecasting.
OK Valhalla, tell us all what that enTAILS...... :lol:

Easy, a thick bushy tail means a severe winter ahead, while a wimpy tail means a mild winter to come.

Up here their tails are ready for an old fashioned, north country winter.

Keep warm, enjoy your stove!

Valhalla said:
macman said:
Valhalla said:
.....I like squirrel's tails for forecasting.
OK Valhalla, tell us all what that enTAILS...... :lol:

Easy, a thick bushy tail means a severe winter ahead, while a wimpy tail means a mild winter to come.

Up here their tails are ready for an old fashioned, north country winter.

Keep warm, enjoy your stove!

Your right! The tails of the squirrels that came from the ones in my neighbor's freezer are very bushy!! ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.