Work Done in 2019

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
ad9ca2a9377d57b90acdb4a260084824.jpg

Decided to go get a load in the danger ranger today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I trimmed some old dead branches off this pine and then went to move this out of the way but the tree grew around it. I marked it and hopefully by Wednesday, it will be zipped off closer to the tree.

Attachments

• 101_9908.JPG
    101_9908.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 182
  • 101_9909.JPG
    101_9909.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 101_9910.JPG
    101_9910.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 161
No idea what I am looking at. Pink ribbons for sure.

I spent the last few days cutting about a cord of splits a few inches shorter for my cooker. This was much more tiring and annoying than I thought, even with a rig and straps to hold the firewood. I'm starting to wonder if using my miter saw piece by piece might have been easier.

It was a nice excuse to run the 395xp. I couldn't imagine cutting a 3'x4. 5' rack of firewood with anything else.

Brain fart maybe...
I see a metal post. A piece of (look metal) sticking out of the wooden plank (I think) and lots of pink. Hahahh
The original owner had a sawmill on the property many years ago, I wonder if this piece went on a planer.

I spent the last few days cutting about a cord of splits a few inches shorter for my cooker. This was much more tiring and annoying than I thought, even with a rig and straps to hold the firewood. I'm starting to wonder if using my miter saw piece by piece might have been easier.

You have a splitter correct? When I have to cut short pieces I put them sideways in my splitter and use the ram to hold them in place while I cut.

Reactions: SpaceBus
You have a splitter correct? When I have to cut short pieces I put them sideways in my splitter and use the ram to hold them in place while I cut.

If I only had a few pieces, but unfortunately I have to cut about two or three more cords down.

NOAA has us heading down to 14 tonight so we'll let the wood stove burn down the coals from the last fire and burn a bag of pellets.

I had two cord of over length splits. Ran one entire cord through the miter saw treatment. I caution you to be very careful. Non uniform shaped splits like to bind and spin or jerk out of your hand. My second cord was left long. Burning that long stuff as shoulder wood this fall when I can afford to load two or three pieces at a angle for small loads.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Brain fart maybe...
I see a metal post. A piece of (look metal) sticking out of the wooden plank (I think) and lots of pink. Hahahh
I started cutting it this afternoon but both batteries were spent before it was done, hopefully tomorrow I'll have it finished with some pictures. I have this saw with a drill that was on sale for 99 bucks for both a few years back with the batteries, I see the saw is going for 149.00.
1575405398494.png

Reactions: Diabel
I had two cord of over length splits. Ran one entire cord through the miter saw treatment. I caution you to be very careful. Non uniform shaped splits like to bind and spin or jerk out of your hand. My second cord was left long. Burning that long stuff as shoulder wood this fall when I can afford to load two or three pieces at a angle for small loads.
Unfortunately I have a total of four cords that are too long for one of my stoves. I'm going to cut two shorter since I'm burning the cookstove pretty much all the time now. It hasn't gotten cold enough for 24/7 burning on the heat stove yet. Moving forward I won't have this issue. We changed our minds on the cooker after I cut wood for the season.

Picture 9911 is after I started cutting it today, it took about 10 minutes to finish the job. I placed some pine splits over what was left sticking out and then put a t-post in front of it.

Attachments

• 101_9911.JPG
    101_9911.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 163
  • 101_9912.JPG
    101_9912.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 176
  • 101_9914.JPG
    101_9914.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 101_9913.JPG
    101_9913.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 101_9915.JPG
    101_9915.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: heavy hammer
With just under 0.75 inches of rain coming in on Monday and Tuesday, I did some roof raking and used the snowblower around the house so any water will run away from the foundation.

We did get over an inch of snow overnight so I scraped down the driveway with the 4540 so if we do get the rain with the warmer temps, we won't have any ice on the driveway.

Reactions: heavy hammer
I just finished filling the garage back up and splitting enough kindling for the barrel. We are supposed to have some warm temps early week before the cold comes through so I figure today was a good day to do it. The weather was about 35 and sunny so me and the dogs spent the day outside.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I just finished filling the garage back up and splitting enough kindling for the barrel. We are supposed to have some warm temps early week before the cold comes through so I figure today was a good day to do it. The weather was about 35 and sunny so me and the dogs spent the day outside.
Outdoor Christmas lights for me tomorrow......

Nice score! I did my Christmas lights yesterday. The best time to do them is when it is warm and dry out.