Work Done in 2019

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I think the wife will be making these again this January, this pic is from 1/14/16.:)

Attachments

• 100_9776-001.JPG
    100_9776-001.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 163
Is that an egg casserole? ;) Seriously, those look delicious. She didn't skimp on the icing, either! :eek:

I think the wife will be making these again this January, this pic is from 1/14/16.:)

We always bake up some cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning . . . but we cheat and buy the stuff in the cans which I am sure is nowhere near as good as what your wife bakes.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Worked on getting three dead and down out of the woods this afternoon. Nothing major, the largest is about 12" at the base but still some decent wood (two red oak and one maple) with almost zero punk. Did it the old school way by dragging the logs out by hand to the road using an ARB snatch strap. The closest tree was about 60 feet up the hill, the next about 80 feet and the farthest was about 150 feet up. Just enough snow and ice to make climbing up a PITA. However, the snow and ice made it so the logs slid along fairly easily while dragging them downhill and I didn't need to haul the skidder cone up. Much prefer doing this type of scrounge in the winter. I have five more 8-foot lengths at the 150 foot site but ran out of steam. Hopefully I'll get those drug out tomorrow and then can start bucking the logs. Before anyone asks, yes, I thought about using the winch however it would have been a nightmare trying to do it that way by myself. I had to snake between trees and boulders to get the logs down so using a winch would have been impractical. Besides, it was a heck of a workout.

DSC00533.JPG
DSC00535.JPG

My wife had surgery last week, so I'll be taking care of her for a few more weeks before she can be unattended. Then I'll be felling trees again.

I spent most of the day delivering some cookies, talking, helping a lady put her grill inside and take the screen off her door and put the glass back in for the winter.

Two small cookie and pumpkin bread deliveries tomorrow but before that we'll put some wood in.

Unfortunately for the next month got to re-cut firewood to smaller length for new stove I bought this year. I hate that. After that more EAB standing dead to be CSS. In the mean time trying to get an appointment with Social Security to start my benefits (turned 62 this year) what a pain that is. Called, they were supposed to call back to make an appointment, never did.

Unfortunately for the next month got to re-cut firewood to smaller length for new stove I bought this year. I hate that. After that more EAB standing dead to be CSS. In the mean time trying to get an appointment with Social Security to start my benefits (turned 62 this year) what a pain that is. Called, they were supposed to call back to make an appointment, never did.
My cooker takes a shorter split than the heater, so I've been doing the same. I made a jig and strapped everything down with ratchet straps and went at it with the 395. Now I have a ton of 1-3" cookies...

My "cookies" are going to help build up my coal bed in the mornings.
This is my setup. So far I've cut down maybe a bit less than a cord. This jig holds about 1/4 cord. I made it out of scraps from siding the house the house and some random small pallet I had laying around.

Attachments

• 20191224_130512.jpg
    20191224_130512.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 139
The wife wanted some Parmesan Prosciutto Twists so made some today.

Attachments

• IMG_9946.JPG
    IMG_9946.JPG
    355.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_9947.JPG
    IMG_9947.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 161
This is my setup. So far I've cut down maybe a bit less than a cord. This jig holds about 1/4 cord. I made it out of scraps from siding the house the house and some random small pallet I had laying around.
this is excellent!

He ==cneeds to come off the recipe! I love salted pork like prosciutto. Are you and your wife Italian?
I'm Italian. We don't have anything written down (saw it on a cooking show on TV) I hope this is good enough. I made these for the wife, she wanted some for Christmas.

1. Puff Pastry from your local supermarket.
2. Grated Parm or the cheese of your choice.
3. half a pound of Prosciutto
4. Italian Seasoning
5. Eggwash

We preheat the oven at 375 and bake them at the same temp for 20 minutes or longer if you like it golden brown, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.

This is our second time making them and we find that a thicker cut prosciutto cuts easier on the puff pastry. Lets say the puff pastry is 9 x 12, we cut the puff pastry in half at the 6 inch mark before putting anything on which makes it easier cutting and twisting once all the ingredients are on.

Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured cutting board bigger than the puff pastry, brush the eggwash evenly over the top of the puff pastry, sprinkle on the parm, followed by the Italian seasoning and then the prosciutto.

Cut into 1/2 inch strips (we use a pizza cutter to get the lines down first and then a good sharp knive that we go over the first lines then place them on the baking sheet with parchment paper giving them a few twist, brush the top of the dough with eggwash and pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes or longer if you like them golden brown.

Let cool after taking out of the oven.

I'm not the best at explaining things but the above is how we made the recipe we saw on a cooking show.

I'm Italian. We don't have anything written down (saw it on a cooking show on TV) I hope this is good enough. I made these for the wife, she wanted some for Christmas.

1. Puff Pastry from your local supermarket.
2. Grated Parm or the cheese of your choice.
3. half a pound of Prosciutto
4. Italian Seasoning
5. Eggwash

We preheat the oven at 375 and bake them at the same temp for 20 minutes or longer if you like it golden brown, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.

This is our second time making them and we find that a thicker cut prosciutto cuts easier on the puff pastry. Lets say the puff pastry is 9 x 12, we cut the puff pastry in half at the 6 inch mark before putting anything on which makes it easier cutting and twisting once all the ingredients are on.

Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured cutting board bigger than the puff pastry, brush the eggwash evenly over the top of the puff pastry, sprinkle on the parm, followed by the Italian seasoning and then the prosciutto.

Cut into 1/2 inch strips (we use a pizza cutter to get the lines down first and then a good sharp knive that we go over the first lines then place them on the baking sheet with parchment paper giving them a few twist, brush the top of the dough with eggwash and pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes or longer if you like them golden brown.

Let cool after taking out of the oven.

I'm not the best at explaining things but the above is how we made the recipe we saw on a cooking show.
Thank you, I'll have to give this a try soon.

It was tough work but I did get one slab down.

Attachments

• IMG_9950.JPG
    IMG_9950.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_9948.JPG
    IMG_9948.JPG
    401.2 KB · Views: 154