Work Done in 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It is amazing of how much "work done" has be accomplished and here are pictures that I want to share with you all..The first one is before and the second ones are after..It will take awhile for the rock to get on the wall but it is in the plan..Without all your help and encouragement and advice none of this would have been possible...thanks so much...clancey

Attachments

• back porch=storage 001.JPG
    back porch=storage 001.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 78
  • back porch 001.JPG
    back porch 001.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 69
  • back porch 003.JPG
    back porch 003.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 67
  • back porch 004.JPG
    back porch 004.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: stoveliker
The wife wanted these down long ago so when she said something two days ago, it moved up to number one on the schedule. The pine in picture 1940 & 41 was dying, the three in picture 1942 were dead and the smallest one I pushed over.

All the rounds I split with some of the branches are over by the outside fireplace waiting for the next rains.

Attachments

• 104_1940.JPG
    104_1940.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 104_1941.JPG
    104_1941.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 104_1942.JPG
    104_1942.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 104_1943.JPG
    104_1943.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 104_1945.JPG
    104_1945.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 104_1946.JPG
    104_1946.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 104_1947.JPG
    104_1947.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 104_1948.JPG
    104_1948.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 75
A splitter, place a round in there, pull a handle, and a blade will move through the round. Most have an internal combustion engine and a hydraulic cylinder pushing the blade.

Reactions: johneh
Got a load of maple from just down the street today.

The utility came up our road last week and cut a bunch of trees along the power lines and left a lot of nice wood. I thought I'd try out the saw since I replaced the flywheel the other day, and it worked like a champ.

IMG_20210704_165208.jpg
IMG_20210704_165222.jpg

I started cleaning up this area last year and just finished this part of a dead pine that has been down for years, they say we're in for some good rains so everything is over by the outside fireplace ready to burn.

In the last two pictures you can see the dead standing pine without bark and another dead pine that still has its bark that I plan on taking down

Attachments

• 104_1949.JPG
    104_1949.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 104_1950.JPG
    104_1950.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 104_1954.JPG
    104_1954.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 104_1955.JPG
    104_1955.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 104_1957.JPG
    104_1957.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 104_1959.JPG
    104_1959.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 104_1960.JPG
    104_1960.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 104_1962.JPG
    104_1962.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 104_1963.JPG
    104_1963.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 104_1964.JPG
    104_1964.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 87
Its a working day today so everyone take your vitamins and drink plenty of liquid...lol My wood will be here in ten days but today my carpenter comes and he only has today and tomorrow for then he goes out of town..Today it is trim day around the doors and windows in the "wood heating room" and the cement board will be "just that" until later because "tile work" is expensive to do...I tell you one thing tile work and crafts have never been my cup of tea--I hate it...so that will wait until I decide on the color..Those tile people make some good money but it is heavy and hard work too and they need to have a brain to figure out all those measurements as well...give them credit here. lol But the main point right now is for me to make a decision on building a wood shed like the one that's on this thread that I like and my carpenter is game to build it but I have not decided "yet" to do this----I am taking a "one a day vitamin" to get ready for this decision...Have a productive and hard working day everyone and if I do a wood shed pictures will be coming--if not--no pictures--lol thanks for all your help..clancey

Reactions: thewoodlands
20210705_120504.jpg
Working on '24-'25. This load was some larger Elm so had to give the gas splitter some run time. Been using the little electric splitter alot, but elm can be a challenge. 90 degrees out, but the splitting area is shaded for half the day.

I just ended up moving wood from the stacks at the edge of the woods to my main stacking pile close to the house with the tractor. It was my oldest daughter's birthday on the 3rd so we had a nice party for her. It was a great weekend very nice weather. I'm hoping to cut some of my logs up and stack them I just need to move some wood and make room. I hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather.

heavy Hammer --your not the only one moving lumber around and I hope you took a vitamin for this "hard working day", as well as cutting up you wood and stacking it...Here is a picture of my beginning action of work done for this day--so far..-that's all I have with the pictures.. clancey

Attachments

• wood shed 001.JPG
    wood shed 001.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 78
  • wood shed 002.JPG
    wood shed 002.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 77
  • wood shed 006.JPG
    wood shed 006.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 89
I'm sure there were plenty of us working over this holiday weekend. I try to stay hydrated. The heat doesn't bother me I actually like it the hotter the better. Clancey what are you going to build? I ended up taking my younger lab swimming on Sunday he had a good day but about an hour into it he got stuck in the vines that were growing out over the water in these two low trees. I tried to free him by pulling the vines and the smaller trees back in but he was out to far and tangled up enough where I had to go out and and get him. Nothing better than waist deep in the muck and pond water but I could't leave my little buddy to drown. Once he was free all he wanted was to go back in for more retrieves.

We are building a small wood shed for my wood so that I can season the wood wood outside for a time so that it will be dry But in the meanwhile I have two carts of kiln dried wood coming any day now and these pieces will be put in my cages inside and this is just for emergencies and I want back up of regular wood in my new wood shed being built today and I will take some pictures too. I am afraid of bugs in my house and to train on my beautiful wood stove I want to know the wood inside is bug free--lol and dry as it can be as well..Begreen would be proud of me especially since I plan to light my wood stove when it gets cooler., but not yet...lol..Need to be prepared for all of this new education and do not want to burn my house down and my installer promised me he would light my first fire..I need fortitude here for I am afraid of fire--lol ,,but I will learn...I now have the first pictures of what we are up to and with this I need quick advice because my carpenter and I are debating this...I want the side boards spaced closer on the three sides than this---what do you think? He on break now and when he gets back I need some kind of answer on how it is to be..Picture now"

Attachments

• wood shed 007.JPG
    wood shed 007.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 85
  • wood shed 008.JPG
    wood shed 008.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 83
  • wood shed 009.JPG
    wood shed 009.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 87
No need to space them closer. Let the wind go through them like this.
Especially if your roof has some overhang (eves), the hardly any rain will get toe the wood.

No need to space them closer. Let the wind go through them like this.
Especially if your roof has some overhang (eves), the hardly any rain will get toe the wood.

Your floor joists are closer to each other than necessary... Not wrong, just a bit of overkill. Other than that, it looks great! Enjoy!

Thank you....Yea there will be a slight overhang on it and my carpenter wanted to space the bottom boards wider apart but I wanted it strong--ha ha ...So I will leave him continue with his "thought processes" but I have been helping...Thanks for the quick info and that's what I needed. By the way I love my carpenter and it is going on over a 23 year relationship and we have been fighting over since--nice fight--but I am opinionated ---thanks again...clancey

I hate to wade through water like that but I would have been wading and so glad that bad doggy is okay...they just do not know the danger of water and in the wintertime dogs wind up on ice that breaks and they need to slide out their on their bellies to save their pets--terrible. I just bet you felt so refreshed after that ordeal--lol...Dogs are a man's best friend and glad you pouch is okay heavy hammer and thanks for sharing...clancey

Reactions: heavy hammer
It's not the first interesting situation he has gotten into but I would do anything to help the little guy out. He is as loyal as they come.

After taking two loads of pine down to a neighbor for her outside fireplace and stacking it I had a coffee with her and a nice gab session, it started to rain near the end of the gab session so I took off for home so I could burned some of the old junk pine I c/s the other day.

I didn't have the camera with me today but when I burn the rest, I'll have some pictures. Starting Thursday and Friday, NOAA is calling for 1 to 3 inches of rain for our area and we need it.

@clancey , nice job on the woodshed.