Work Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasifier said:
Just a small fire this morning, not one since. Have you had your woodgun (hope I got that correct) burning yet?

Alright. 18 & 21. :cheese: My Wood Gun has been running once or twice a day since October 1. A lot of that time I am just charging (heating) a large thermal storage tank. It just stores the energy of the wood when you burn it as hot water. Then the boiler is shut off. Then charged the next day. If there is heat demand, which we have not had a lot of since October 1, then you run the boiler accordingly. It is in my basement, and heats my house, my attached garage, and my domestic hot water (DHW) for everything you use hot water for. All with wood. Pretty sweet. My first year with it, so I am going through a learning curve right now. But lovin it. I have used no oil since I brought it on line October 1. And that is the goal. To use as little oil as possible. The oil will kick on if we go away or wood boiler and tank were to go cold for any reason.

Looks like that split will be ready for the Liberty, final numbers 2 night.

zap

Picture of it burning please. Low lights in room for good effect. :) Yes, I am starting to request best light conditions you can come up with for my fire viewing pleasure. :lol: Have a good burn.

Gasifier said:

Picture of it burning please. Low lights in room for good effect. :) Yes, I am starting to request best light conditions you can come up with for my fire viewing pleasure. :lol: Have a good burn.

Here are the pictures of the split that was brought in Monday morning, started to take the moisture content readings on Tuesday. This is from the dead standing barkless sugar maple I dropped last weekend.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4247-1.jpg
    100_4247-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_4248-1.jpg
    100_4248-1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_4249-1.jpg
    100_4249-1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_4250-1.jpg
    100_4250-1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_4251-1.jpg
    100_4251-1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_4252-1.jpg
    100_4252-1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 110
That's some fine ready to burn firewood Mr. Zap! I have gotten oak that way a few times too and it burned great.. I have found that if the oak loses it's bark when dead it seasons pretty well except close to the trunk where it will be damp..

Ray

Saaaaweeeet ZAP. Talk about easy fuel. Pretty much already seasoned. Can't beat that. I do that with some of the pine I find on the property that is standing dead. Burns fast and hot. Nice heat. Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.