Workbench Height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of years ago I read in a woodworking journal that if you are assembling furniture or other large objects your bench should not be higher than 23" to24". This would fit comfortable into the range of heights suggested by those who have said that height should be determined by its intended use and your position (sitting/standing) at the bench.
About one month ago I was screwing together two 18' headers for my woodshed. I wished then I had a bench 20" high. That would have given me much more stand-over leverage screwing in the 125 or so 3 1/4" screws. My current workbenches (8) range in height from 26" to 33" and 5' to 16' in length. John_M

Status
Not open for further replies.