Working on a ash score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
I was doing a little bush hogging down at the city sewer department while at work and I spyed these dead ash trees. I'm gunna speak with the mayor and see if I can't persuade him to let me take them out. Their are some more to the left of the picture. Not sure how much wood is there but I'm guessing at least 4 cord counting what's not in the pic. I would have taken better and more pics but I am suppose to be working after all.
20210914_100358.jpg

Looks more than 4 cords to me. I've cut several that size this year and it ended up being close to two.

You'll be surprised how much those small rounds add up.

I called the mayor yesterday evening and asked him if it would be ok to take them and he said have at it. I told him that I would wait until this winter....I ain't fighting the ticks....and he said no problem, whenever. He also said if I waited until a weekend I was on call this winter that I could use one of the dump beds from work. That will be helpful lol. So looks like I am going to have me a good bit of ash in the future. I haven't burned ash in years to be honest. We don't have any on our place....it's all oak and hickory here. Not complaining but it will be nice for a little change of diet for the stove.

Good God what a score! I just love ash, like to saw it, like to split it and I like to look at it. The Jotul likes it too.