https://electrek.co/2017/09/13/tesla-celebration-event-giant-powerpack-site-sept-29/
129 MWh Now that's a battery!
129 MWh Now that's a battery!
Indeed! but a tourist destination?

I'm actually working on a federally-funded project now to investigate secondary uses for motive batteries that have been removed from EVs.
This type of use is one of the things we've identified.
My initial inclination is to say "great, my work is done" but I suspect we're talking about different things. We're not looking at concepts but at the actual details of re-purposing cells of different chemical compositions, form factors, storage capacities, voltages, etc. into reusable assemblies. If someone has done this already its certainly not represented in the literature.I hope it didn't take much federal funding to identify that. Because that has been well understood for years.
My initial inclination is to say "great, my work is done" but I suspect we're talking about different things. We're not looking at concepts but at the actual details of re-purposing cells of different chemical compositions, form factors, storage capacities, voltages, etc. into reusable assemblies. If someone has done this already its certainly not represented in the literature.
Good question but I"m not sure. I'm a subcontractor working primarily on the re-use aspects.Does the scope of the work include comparing the economics of re-purposing used batteries one time vs. recycling them into new cells as soon as they are removed from the vehicle?
Does the scope of the work include comparing the economics of re-purposing used batteries one time vs. recycling them into new cells as soon as they are removed from the vehicle?
Actually, isn't the Three Gorges Dam the largest electrical storage project at 22,500MW?

Just quoting the thread title. FWIW 22,500MW is the power generation. Staggering when you think about it.

We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.