WOW - Hamer Hot Ones $296.99

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
Tony K said:
Big,

what brands are you getting for that price, btu range etc?

Thanks

To tell you you truth I just buy whats available. Right now TSC has Michigan Wood pelllets at $3.59 per bag or $169 per ton. I bought a bunch from Menards for about the same price, I think penneywise brand. Home Depot had stove chow for $3.39 a bag but they are out for the season. Don't recall the BTU.

BIH

I burned ALOT of michigans my first year with stove... I'm not sure they are worth $169 ton. Yuck. But might be nice to have the option.

Fehl's lawn and garden near Reading. They also had energex for 210/ton

Tony K said:
A new place in Norwich Ct Shur Fire Energy just recently advertised Hamer's for $296.99 per ton. Very steep if you ask me. They also list Inferno's (couldn't give these away) for 239.99 per ton. I also checked their delivery charge which was also very steep at 75.00 for 3 tons or less, you want more you pay more! Waiting for BT!

That's ridiculous. I have been buying pellets from Eastern Ct Pellet Sales (pelletsdelivered.com) for 3 years and never paid more than 259 for Hamer's from them. Shur Fire Energy bought out pelletsdelivered.com this Spring. I know gas prices are up but that price is too high.

Rich, I'm not sure what happened to Pelletsdelivered but know they did either buy or rent a bigger place (warehouse) in Norwich and the next thing you know they were bought out. They had a nice spot in Franklin but they were limited to how many tons they could deliver at a time. I would keep an eye on BT as even though I paid more for a delivery charge because of the distance it was still cheaper overall due to the price of their pellets. I believe last year BT charged 225 or 230 for Hamers where as you say pellets delivered was 259, it adds up when buying 5 tons or more. I have had good luck with BT and plan to keep doing business with them. Good Luck.

Tony K said:
Rich, I'm not sure what happened to Pelletsdelivered but know they did either buy or rent a bigger place (warehouse) in Norwich and the next thing you know they were bought out. They had a nice spot in Franklin but they were limited to how many tons they could deliver at a time. I would keep an eye on BT as even though I paid more for a delivery charge because of the distance it was still cheaper overall due to the price of their pellets. I believe last year BT charged 225 or 230 for Hamers where as you say pellets delivered was 259, it adds up when buying 5 tons or more. I have had good luck with BT and plan to keep doing business with them. Good Luck.

Tony,

I used to pick up pellets from Jeff out in N. Franklin and then at the warehouse in Norwich. Jeff was great to do business with. I know it was part time for him. I guess he just had enough.

Oh, what/who is BT?

Rich,

http://btpellet.com/ out of Bristol

Jeff would break up tons so I could try different pellets without buying by the ton. It almost seems it got to big and he couldnt handle it. Few years back I use to do the same and pick them up, it was convenient. But he always couldn't get what brands I was interested in. I will not buy a pellet I am not happy with and am willing to pay the few extra bucks for quality. Cubex, hamers I got at least 3 to 5 degrees more heat and could turn down the setting on the stove to help conserve.

Tony K said:
Rich,

http://btpellet.com/ out of Bristol

Jeff would break up tons so I could try different pellets without buying by the ton. It almost seems it got to big and he couldnt handle it. Few years back I use to do the same and pick them up, it was convenient. But he always couldn't get what brands I was interested in. I will not buy a pellet I am not happy with and am willing to pay the few extra bucks for quality. Cubex, hamers I got at least 3 to 5 degrees more heat and could turn down the setting on the stove to help conserve.

Yes, Jeff was/is a good man!

Does BT deliver to SE CT (Voluntown)?

Wondering if anyone got there spring buy cards from BT yet? I talked with Brian a few weeks back and he said they would be mailing them soon.

Rich, I live in Plainfield so I would say yes!

j-takeman said:
I hang out for BT's prices. Looking at CTpellet($249) and Primo pellet($239). I'd say BT should be somewhere close to there prices.

What other brands have you burned in your bigE?
CT pellets seems to be sold out of the hammers until May and Primo's price is already up quite a bit ($255). BT doesnt have any yet and CJ's is at 259. Looks like its going to be a tough year for yhe Hammers. That $239 was looking pretty good for you hammer burners.. I got my 6.6 tons delivered last week. Turmans, Okies and Barefoots. salute!

j-takeman said:
Wondering if anyone got there spring buy cards from BT yet? I talked with Brian a few weeks back and he said they would be mailing them soon.
i did not get mine yet . they did not post any sale prices on there web site either .

Didint get any BT card here yet. WOw, surprised primo jumped that quickly. Glad i went friday!

PA_Clinker said:
forya said:
I got Hamer's out here in eastern Pa for 220/ ton (50 bag ton). I am going to get 4 tons this week

Hot Ones for $225/ton up here in NEPA. Planning on 4 tons also. Do you happen to know if there is sales tax on the delivery charge of wood pellets here in PA?

It makes me wonder why Hamer's in NEPA are 225 and in SECT they are 297. SECT is really not that much farther than NEPA from the West Va Elkins plant to justify a $72 difference. There is no sales tax in CT on pellet fuel, then why such a high price?

Hammer pellets across CT are between 250-260 ton with the exception of this Sure Fire place. This is by far the exception to the rule from what I have seen.

agway has the hammers @ 298/ton as well, lowes, crap 298/ton, HD out for the season,

by the way, got a call fro mHD the other day asking how I liked the pellets I bought from them this winter, told them I was happy w/the stove chow but other brands were crap, which i really di not buy any of, tried a bag or 2 of each b4 buying,
anyways, they say they are done for the season, which we all knew, but said they would start restocking in september, hope they load up & have too much on hand like last year, pellet wars???

Barefoot Pellets $349.99
Okanagan Pellets Call for Price
Hamer's Hot Ones Pellets $305.99
Inferno Wood Pellets $254.99
Lignetics Pellets $318.99

http://shurfireenergy.com/

:)

richkorn said:
PA_Clinker said:
forya said:
I got Hamer's out here in eastern Pa for 220/ ton (50 bag ton). I am going to get 4 tons this week

Hot Ones for $225/ton up here in NEPA. Planning on 4 tons also. Do you happen to know if there is sales tax on the delivery charge of wood pellets here in PA?

It makes me wonder why Hamer's in NEPA are 225 and in SECT they are 297. SECT is really not that much farther than NEPA from the West Va Elkins plant to justify a $72 difference. There is no sales tax in CT on pellet fuel, then why such a high price?

That $225/ton price was only good until April 30th, so I'm not sure what they are now. I bit the bullet and pre-ordered four tons. They tacked on $85 + tax for delivery. Still not sure that's legit since the pellets are non-taxable, but I wasn't about to bicker over $5 bucks.

richkorn said:
Barefoot Pellets $349.99
Okanagan Pellets Call for Price
Hamer's Hot Ones Pellets $305.99
Inferno Wood Pellets $254.99
Lignetics Pellets $318.99

http://shurfireenergy.com/

:)

Whats wrong with this picture? This place on average is $75.00 per ton higher including delivery! well at least you'll know where you'll be able to get pellets when everyone else is out! that is if your willing to pay the high price! which I'm sure will change...

Thats a "Sure-Fire" way to not sell any pellets.

Just for kicks, I called the number on the website and inquired. These are some of the most ignorant people when it comes to pellets. I asked her about Vermont wood pellets and she said- "um, I think they are a hardwood- no, I mean, softwood pellet, I think" And she could tell me nothing about Barefoot except that people like it and also told me that the company ios only 3 weeks old. Ya gotta know what you are selling- period! Lets give them a chance but these prices are a flipping joke!

Now we know why the pellets were priced so high!!!!!!!

Norwich, Conn. — The Colchester contractor who led ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition†building project in Voluntown and is now charged with intentionally burning down his Norwich wood pellet (SHUR FIRE) business has a pending lawsuit against the builders involved in a charitable project in Griswold.

Bruce P. Hayn, who is being pursued by several debt collectors, recently filed suit against the companies involved in the volunteer effort to rebuild a burned house for the Landa family in Griswold in 2009. Hayn claims he suffered numerous injuries, some permanent, while on the job.

On Nov. 12, 2009, Hayn said builders were assembling pieces of a modular home in place on the foundation. Hayn was working “when suddenly and without warning a section of the roof fell over onto his back, crushing him to the ground,†according to the suit.

Hayn lists 14 injuries suffered in the incident, including back pain, chest pain and a ligament tear in his knee. He claims negligence in asking for an undetermined amount to cover past and future hospital expenses.

The suit names Keith Aurand Construction LLC; Icon Legacy Custom Modular Homes LLC; Tri-County Homes LLC of Norwich; and the Extreme Home 615 Foundation.

The suit is dated Nov. 2 and was filed Dec. 5 with the New London Judicial District, a month after police allege Hayn burned down his wood stove and pellet business.

Hayn is due Thursday in Norwich Superior Court to answer allegations that he intentionally lighted the Oct. 27 fire that partially destroyed the 340 W. Thames St. site of his wood stove and pellet business, Shur Fire.

Police said Hayn is caught on video surveillance, on the day before and day of the fire, “twisting what appears to be paper towels as he walked towards the area of (fire) origin,†according to the arrest warrant affidavit. Hayn collected $25,000 of the $600,000 he claimed in damage to his insurance company, in the wake of the fire.

Hayn appears to have confessed to lighting the fire.

“He walked over to the electrical panel and lit the paper towels on fire thinking it would be considered an electrical fire,†according to the affidavit. “He then got into the forklift and drove a pallet of wood pellets closer to the fire.â€

Unpaid debt suits

Debt collectors were after Hayn shortly after his lead role in ABC’s “Extreme Makover: Home Edition†in 2008.

In 2009, the advertising arm of SNET filed suit in New Haven against Hayn and his business Home Designs by Bruno for failing to pay for a yellow pages ad. The cost started at $1,041 but mushroomed to a total judgment of $6,265. A hearing was scheduled for Nov. 28.

Read more: Colchester contractor suing over project for charity - Norwich, CT - The Bulletin http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news...-suing-over-project-for-charity#ixzz1kaCfOMxZ

Status
Not open for further replies.