wrong again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
the forecast for my neck of the woods last night was a low of -6f. well, when i looked at the thermometer this am, i was surprised with a reading of -35f!!! living in a river valley that feeds into lake superior, we always have it about 10* cooler than what is fore-casted...but to be off by 30*?? wow! didn't stop anything, though. schools still went on; now delays or closures.
myself, i fired up the old f-150 to make a run for some sweet pre-finished tongue and groove paneling. the cedar tongue and groove project is done. i found this other stuff when i had to make some returns. the end price after rebate will be $5 for 14 square feet!!! how, i ask, can you pass up a deal like that? got 600 square feet and plan on doing more walls at the cottage with it.
i hope to be able to post some pics...
but, at -35f, that just may be the coldest for the winter....i hope. every other year it has dipped to -40f, though. it was so cold------i saw two beagles trying to jump start a rabbit!

one of these days, it will get above freezing again!

—i saw two beagles trying to jump start a rabbit!

Now THAT'S cold..... :lol:

Not near that cold. Just in the teens. But I came in from getting some wood last night and the TV weather was on. The guy was telling us how lucky we were that the snow was going to miss us.

As I was dusting the snow off of my cap and coat.

Our -11F low turned into -25F on the way to work this morning. At least they were close. :red:

"So cold I saw a lawyer with his hand in his own pocket": Johnny Carson.

Status
Not open for further replies.