XL Restaurant Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pirate94

Jan 11, 2018
Nor Cal
I just got an old Fisher in my cabin. It has a 10" flu, Two doors. Also, the interesting part for me is there are plumbing fittings in the back, I'm guessing to feed a radiator?

Any info would be appreciated.

The water coil was added, not factory.

XL had two door styles. One with a Sun on left door and Fisher written in Western style, the other was the normal Fir Tree style.
You can tell an XL when doors are open, the top of opening will be rounded like an arch to match the top of doors. All other Fisher models have a straight horizontal opening across the top.

Do you have the screen and is it stainless steel?

If it's an XL, there should be a small ID plate welded under left rear leg that starts with UT..........