Just moved to a new house recently in TX. This is my first house with a wood fireplace insert (I believe it is a Xtrordinair 36A). We had the chimney swept to make sure we were starting fresh. Had a fire two nights ago and all went well. Had a fire last night and as I was reloading wood I couldn't get the combustor bypass rod to shut (push in). Not knowing what's going on I decided to leave it and let the fire burn out. Looking at it this morning I see what looks like a chunk of the combustor honey comb resting on a plate in the top back part of the fireplace. I know almost zero about any of this and there is single digit storm coming (that is bad in TX). Clearly I need to rebuild the whole catalytic combustor. The question is can I pull this a part, when it cools, remove the chunks, get the rod working again and still have a fire for the next few dangerously cold days? On top of it I have house guest staying with us for xmas. Seriously any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.