XXV Feeder Issue Fixed - Just an FYI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordgrinz

Jun 20, 2010
Western MA
I ran into a problem last week, and thought maybe a new motor was needed, was getting intermittent feed issues, then no feed. Turned out to be the set bolt on the cam(that moves the feeder bar) on the back of the auger that attaches to the axle of the motor was loose. Just an FYI to those with the newer designed XXV, I assume it was time that loosened it up, may put some locktite on it in the future, but will just check it as part of my monthly cleaning routine.

Last edited:
I once found a set screw loose.
Eric

I should also say that the axle coming off the motor box has a flat side to it, so make sure you line the cam back up with it, before your tighten the set screw/bolt down.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Status
Not open for further replies.