Ya think its time??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael6268

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Grafton NH/Upper Valley
Ya think its time for Lowes and other BBS to wake up and lower prices to get rid of all their overpriced pellets?

Everything on the ground in this pic is pellets at Lowes.

Attachments

• 20160110_143139.jpg
    20160110_143139.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 173
Ya think its time for Lowes and other BBS to wake up and lower prices to get rid of all their overpriced pellets?

Everything on the ground in this pic is pellets at Lowes.

They would have to drop below $150 per ton before I'd even consider buying some.

The problem with BBS pellets, is there typically lower-end product. Lowes is selling rebagged Curran Blend for $299 a ton when I paid $249. For $299 I can grab a ton of Lignetics, for $20 extra, a ton of Hamers, Barefoots, Energex. I do like Timber Heat that Lowes has, its cheaper than Green not-so-Supremes and burns better and cleaner.

TSC here looks like that, been there all fall and winter at $5.39 a bag while HD sells pellets almost across the street at $5.18 and they aren't as good a pellet. I haven't been by Lowes but I can just imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.