yankee magazine nov/dec issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Oslo heats my home

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2010
South Shore, MA
I enjoyed this saying, just wanted to pass it along to the folks who hadn't seen it.

Our winter clothes no longer doze;
It's time they all awoke.

The wool we pull across our nose
remembers woodstove smoke.

Author~unknown

Awww, I miss the old Yankee Magazine of some odd 40 years ago... Whenever it was... They used to have a feature on a house for sale that was to die for. And the Swopper's columns. Those were the days.

Nancy

PopCrackleSnap said:
Awww, I miss the old Yankee Magazine of some odd 40 years ago... Whenever it was... They used to have a feature on a house for sale that was to die for. And the Swopper's columns. Those were the days.

Nancy

The feature on the house still exists but I cannot say I have seen anything with regards to swapping. The woodsmoke saying seemed appropriate to share here.

PopCrackleSnap said:

Nancy

The funny thing about the swopps was that they were so specific.

"Will swopp four coon skin caps for a used ukelele (most be pre-used. No new ukes will be considered)."

Exactly, Dune. I used to read every one of them and wonder, where do people get this stuff? And what do they want with the other stuff?

I wonder if the ond back issues are online somewhere. Gotta do some snoopin' one of these days.

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.