YEARLY MAINTENANCE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyGuy

Jul 28, 2015
New York
Hi everyone,

I have been searching for information on how to do the yearly maintenance on my pellet stove. Being a fairly good mechanical type of guy I really really don't want to pay a service guy to do what I probably can do myself. Cleaning, greasing, oiling is all normal stuff that I can do. BUT, without truely knowing what is involved I can't make a decision on if I should do it or call a tech. Are there any video's or written descriptions of the basic proceedures?

The make and model of stove would be good to know to

It is pretty easy and basic stuff. Google pellet stove cleaning and or search threads here. On most stoves there isn't a lot of said "maintenance" but more cleaning than anything. The maintenance comes in on part replacements when they are needed after failure or just before when they are acting up.

I imagine the Enviro 55 is similar. I know the stove but do not own one. It was one I was looking at when I was in the market to buy. How old are your stoves? Many stoves need nothing but cleaning for years. Cleaning is pellet stove "maintenance." Different models do require more cleaning and doctoring parts up. I don't think your make and model is one of those.

Use the search bar here and plug in something like maintaining an Enviro 55 or cleaning an Enviro 55. Try Youtube also. There are some Enviro owners here but I can't think of one off the top of my head right now.

The sight will explode with traffic soon as people prepare for the heating season. It will get very busy once the first cooler snap hits. It's pretty calm this time of the year.

Put your stove make and model in your signature then people will know which stove you are inquiring about.

weekly cleaning

part two

There are more on youtube

Reactions: bags
Status
Not open for further replies.