yet another pellet ?(sorry guys)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfgmt

Feb 22, 2010
maine
I loved the bag of barefoot that I burned in my stove and found them for 260 per ton but they are a little over 40 miles from me in Rockland and cash and carry (they do deliver but it would cost a fortune) so if I take my 3/4 ton truck that gets 8 mpg that is about 30.00 in gas and I will have to unload them myself.I found a place that I can get Okangans for 310 delivered to my driveway. will the Okanagan as good a pellet as the barefoot or at least close. Another ? is does anyone know where I can pick up a bag or two of these in the Augusta or Midcoast area

Oakies like the Barefoot are very good pellets.

That is the one from British Columbia in my list of 3 that'd I prefer to burn

See if you can find some Cubex up that way and give them a try as well.

Is that $310 per ton delivered? How many tons do you need?

I am going to buy them 1 ton at a time over the summer im gonna buy at least 5

I called the guy today (O'Hara Ice) and he has a storage facility here in Bangor with Barefoots that they haul up from Rockland.
Quoted 275. a ton. They are probably more due to the trip up from the coast. The warehouse is only 3 miles from work so it's
no biggy for me. I'll be lugging 5 tons by the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.