You Know You're Old When...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firefighterjake said:
We got four -- but one of them was PBS.

Yep... 4...That's what we also got in Brunswick, NY...
In 58 thru 60, I went to grades 1 & 2 in a two room schoolhouse.
The teacher of grades 1- 4 used to put PBS on for beginning French
lessons twice a week (5th & 6th grades were in the OTHER room)...
With our lunches, we got milk in bottles with cardboard POGS in the top.
Everybody had to rinse the bottles out after lunch & put em back in the
milk crate...OLD...

DAKSY said:
[

With our lunches, we got milk in bottles with cardboard POGS in the top.
Everybody had to rinse the bottles out after lunch & put em back in the
milk crate...OLD...

White milk was three cents and chocolate was four cents.

Diver Dan

Don't you guys need to crank up the stove???

Ok...H & S green stamps..Plaid stamps...I remember Mom would paste the darn things in lil books..probably traded them in for housewares..can't remember what she got!!! You gentlemen are too much.....

One thing I fondly remember is the wonderful aroma from the Jewish Deli about 25ft before you got there...Boy would I love to have a pastrami sandwich and a beer right about now...Very few places like that today..certainly not in my town...Have to settle for kielbasa....I live near Polish Paradise....

Thanks Dix,

I'm trying to remember Diver Dan..maybe just blips on the radar...can't believe I didn't mention Groucho in You Bet Your Life, Queen for a Day, and a long list of game shows....

Loved Betty White from a child...I will be very sad the day she goes...what a blast from the past...

piejam said:
Don't you guys need to crank up the stove???

Ok...H & S green stamps..Plaid stamps...I remember Mom would paste the darn things in lil books..probably traded them in for housewares..can't remember what she got!!! You gentlemen are too much.....

One thing I fondly remember is the wonderful aroma from the Jewish Deli about 25ft before you got there...Boy would I love to have a pastrami sandwich and a beer right about now...Very few places like that today..certainly not in my town...Have to settle for kielbasa....I live near Polish Paradise....

I am cranking up the stove !!!

:)

Was she the Joan Rivers of the 50's but with musical talent Kenny?

Dix: not cold enough to burn...I usually do when temps get below freezing...but have to test the new heating system-dammit..

piejam said:
Thanks Dix,

I'm trying to remember Diver Dan..maybe just blips on the radar...

Here ya go pie...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054534/

I'll admit that I don't remember the show, but it aired in 61
when my Dad was USAF... We lived in Europe from 60 - 65...
We didn't HAVE TV as it would have had to be converted to the
European voltage...
We watched the Grundig Stereo Console...

piejam said:

Dix: not cold enough to burn...I usually do when temps get below freezing...but have to test the new heating system-dammit..

Temps gonna drop tonight, get ready.

Courageous Cat & Minute Mouse

piejam said:

Little hint Pie. Her most famous stand up club act and album were titled "Knockers Up".

daksy-thanks!!

Dix- I do remember them..also Ignatz...when I was very small there were cartoons with no speech but music..I can remember natives boiling people in a hugh black cauldron..there is a little more to it but socially unacceptable ...Thank god people grew past that...

BB: was that the Boobie Song???? lol

No warmin up in the bullpen around here!!!!!

How about soda cans that needed an opener, phones that were on party lines, and when the calculator was a bid deal.

DSC05988.jpg

Pop a top, my friend...........

Jack Straw said:
and when the calculator was a bid deal.

I still have a slide rule but long before I got that, I remember when I was sick
one time and mommy kept me home from school, took me grocery shopping
with her, and bought me a Felix the Cat book.
I loved you mommy. :-/

I don't know if it was true or not but when we were kids they said that people would put the pop tops in the can and accidentally swallow them

All this stuff is great...I grew up from Felix the cat and went to see Fritz the cat....Big difference...an x rated cartoon...what a difference 7-8 years make..

Zsa Zsa Gabor in Queen From Outer Space..bochino...early start on women's lib.....

piejam said:
..probably traded them in for housewares..can't remember what she got!!!

Dish towels.

Thanks for clearing that up Jags....

You know a gal is getting old when you can relate to all those "Granny Cartoon" jokes in Playboy...like when gravity takes over...hasn't gone that far yet but I'm starting to look!!!
Oh Lord the bigger they are the harder they fall....

I wonder what folks will come up with today....hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.