Your Hearth, From Where You Sit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Got the at 100 all set up

What thermocouple are you using and where are you monitoring? How are you finding it for accuracy and speed?

I have the auber at210 and use a ring thermocouple on the exterior of single wall pipe about 12"s above the flue collar. I find it very fast acting and accurate. I find it a very useful tool for reading across a room and then my setup has a remote readout upstairs for the basement stove.

My upstairs hearth has been cold the last few days. To warm for two stoves without severe overheating. My basement hearth rarely to never goes cold though! I'm riding out the coals in no rush to reload as the coolest part of the house furthest from the stove is about 73. Cmon winter. I'm not skeered.

IMG_1558.JPG IMG_1559.JPG

What thermocouple are you using and where are you monitoring? How are you finding it for accuracy and speed?
I am using the 2000f 6" k type thermocouple measuring the cat temps. So far i like it. I did have to calibrate it, remove the yellow plug, and reconnect the green plug. Hardest parts were figuring out part #, nailing down the calibration, and adding the outlet (it had to be done when kids were awake and out of the house) to plug it in!

Reactions: Squisher
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally cold enough to light up the upstairs insert again.

Two stoves is giving me lots of versatility for my home and climate.

IMG_1561.JPG IMG_1562.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: AbrK and Rangerbait
I am using the 2000f 6" k type thermocouple measuring the cat temps. So far i like it. I did have to calibrate it, remove the yellow plug, and reconnect the green plug. Hardest parts were figuring out part #, nailing down the calibration, and adding the outlet (it had to be done when kids were awake and out of the house) to plug it in!
What do you have your alarms set at?

To the kind and generous folks out here that keep giving all year long.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas; and to all, a pleasant evening...image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Squisher