Your Hearth, From Where You Sit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
14814242043561152930801.jpg
greetings from long island

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Squisher
Wow, does your glass stay clean for long?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It really depends. Sometimes I get 2 separate full burns before it starts looking dirty and sometimes it's bad after 1 overnight. I'm sure it depends on quality of wood and air setting. I try to clean it every couple of days.only takes 2 minutes if I stay on top of it. Rutlands glass cleaner and wood ash is what I use.

On the floor, playin' with the cat. Outside, the temp is diving to -22 F, tonight. Feelin' just a bit smug, watching the secondaries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going for a "construction chic" sort of thing? ;-)

Nice brick work! Age?
1985 street pavers torn out of a road Wichita, 75 cents ea. Paid bricklayer $1,000.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You're going for a "construction chic" sort of thing? ;-)

Ha, nah, if you see my thread I did a complete removal and new install, will have the wall finished by end of the year, just need to sand again and prime and paint

I have the same dog, just in the female variety. Such a nice pet!!

I have two, but the other "mean" pibble is scared of the stove. Is yours missing a leg like mine? Notice something missing on his left side

image-XL.jpg
A quiet evening at home with some oak in the Napoleon.

On the floor, playin' with the cat. Outside, the temp is diving to -22 F, tonight. Feelin' just a bit smug, watching the secondaries

Cool secondary show!! We did get -24 here. Jealous of all you burning. Here is what I've got so far:
20161215_211708.jpg
Clean slate! Get to hook it up and use it in about 3 weeks when we get to move in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it will be a nice spot? Your floor joists look super deep? What is the depth of the open joists?
They are doing that now when they build, here anyway, so the duct work can be run in the joists whereever they need to go. So NO boxed in drop downs for main heat runs. Really cleans up a finished basement ceiling. Not sure on the depth. 16" depth maybe?

The location is prime. I have a 3 step "walk up" with a landing area (grade wouldn't allow a true walk out) just to the right of the stove. Bulk of my wood will be stored outside the patio door. And the position makes it sit basically right across the living room from the stairs coming down, hopefull making it easy to get the heat to convect upstairs!